Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, January 14, 2013 8:20:14 PM UTC, Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message

No.

I'm talking about an apprentice who saw a chance to waste 15 minutes.

We know their tricks.

Now the apprentice I was with earlier in the week managed to go into
the

garage and buy us both a couple of drinks and he took the fuelcard in
with

him to pay for the fuel at the same time. He actually asked "Shall I
take

the card and pay for the fuel while I am in the shop?".

Can you now understand why some apprentices are a pleasure to work with

and others just get bollockings day after day until they quit/get
fired?

I was the "best" not my words - indentured apprentice on the company and

was I worked like a dog.

I was the only indentured apprentice. The other lads were trendy.

No pick up and drop off for me; it was the bus.

I can remember sitting on a pile of lagging in the back of a freezing
cold

damp van and listening to this number 1.

The days were 25 hours long too back then ;-)

I was dropped off about a mile from home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07fIa9XKS8

Now even I'll admit that is a little beyond the limits.

You should not have done what you did Adam.

In later life I have had young trainees.

Your sex life is safe with us

There were £1 coins nailed to the floor.

If I had abandoned them I would

have been beaten up and then sacked.

I guess that depends on yuor employer.

We are very hard men in the north.