Posted to alt.home.repair
US Judges are the enemy US Judges are the enemy is offline

Default Problem Using Rug Runners

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:58:55 AM UTC-5, Ape wrote:
I am frustrated. I have a situation here at home that causes me to

have to try to protect my walltowall rugs. I never should have bought

the expensive, plush rugs that I did, but now that that is a done

deal, I need to try to keep them from getting stained. The cleanups

are getting too frequent and are too hard and are too frequent for

this old man care giver.

I have tried a few fabric runners from Lowes, all on the order of 2' X

8'. So far they all quickly 'bunch up' because they seem not to like

laying on the rugs. That causes a dangerous situation that is very

dangerous when walked on, and is something I should avoid.

Anyone suggest an alternative? How about plastic runners? Do they

have similar problems?

The Apeman

You do use carpet grippers right? They are fairly cheap and easy to cut with scissors. Some people who are worried about flooring damage lay plywood down during construction. Apeman, maybe your grand children are animals like a lot of these rich spoiled drugged plutocrats. Or you can cover it with plastic during your bondage parties.