Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Problem Using Rug Runners

Ape wrote:

I am frustrated. I have a situation here at home that causes me to
have to try to protect my walltowall rugs. I never should have bought
the expensive, plush rugs that I did, but now that that is a done
deal, I need to try to keep them from getting stained.

Why? Once they are stained it is easy to justify replacement-- with
something better for you and your house.

The cleanups
are getting too frequent and are too hard and are too frequent for
this old man care giver.

I have tried a few fabric runners from Lowes, all on the order of 2' X
8'. So far they all quickly 'bunch up' because they seem not to like
laying on the rugs. That causes a dangerous situation that is very
dangerous when walked on, and is something I should avoid.

Anyone suggest an alternative? How about plastic runners? Do they
have similar problems?

Cover the whole thing with an area rug that you can hire some guy to
roll up and clean every so often.

Or rip the damn carpet out and put in a proper floor that you can care
for. No high traffic area should have carpet unless you have a maid
to chase every speck of dirt as it gets tracked in.

Jim