Posted to alt.home.repair
Ape Ape is offline

Default Problem Using Rug Runners

I am frustrated. I have a situation here at home that causes me to
have to try to protect my walltowall rugs. I never should have bought
the expensive, plush rugs that I did, but now that that is a done
deal, I need to try to keep them from getting stained. The cleanups
are getting too frequent and are too hard and are too frequent for
this old man care giver.

I have tried a few fabric runners from Lowes, all on the order of 2' X
8'. So far they all quickly 'bunch up' because they seem not to like
laying on the rugs. That causes a dangerous situation that is very
dangerous when walked on, and is something I should avoid.

Anyone suggest an alternative? How about plastic runners? Do they
have similar problems?

The Apeman