Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Final glue-up

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:57:47 -0600, Dave Balderstone
wrote:

In article , Mike Marlow
wrote:

I understand that, but I have seen similar reports of where reported
observations were perhaps not discredited, but were at the very
least countered by other observations that we exactly the opposite.
Like I say - I don't really have a stand on the matter because too
much of this goes back and forth between each side with what appears
to be nothing more than claims from each.

NASA , the Met and the IPCC seem to be backing away pretty quickly
from claims of warming... As in, none since 1997.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/...ast_reports_we
r e_junk.html

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow...warming-alarmi
s m-192334971.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arming-stopped
-
16-years-ago-Met-Office-report-reveals-MoS-got-right-warming--deniers-n
o w.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

And, of course, the mainstream media tucks it tidily away, passing
over the real news because it doesn't fit their neat little
money-making habit of spreading fear and terror. I hope Han and
friends take the time to digest this and start looking into the
skeptic side for more real data.

If Climategate was "just stolen emails", Watergate was "just a prank".

How many more of these scandals will it take to open their eyes?

---

I had some wood-related fun today. I borrowed climbing gear from a
tree guy and was going to take down my birches today. After gearing
up, I started up the tree. 3' later, I came back down. I tightened up
the two straps which went around the tree and started back up. Still
nogo by 4'. The spurs were wedging themselves into the tree tightly
and it took a lot of effort to remove them each time. I tightened the
spurs to my legs and feet and shortened the harness straps again.
Still too far from the tree. OK. I came back down the 5' and again
tightened up the straps to hold me closer to the tree. That's better.
At about 8' up, I was out of breath and my arms/chest were burning. (I
had no idea it took so much upper body strength to climb trees.) I
looked up and the limbs were a good 13' up, so I called it a day. I
just don't have the stamina to climb the tree. Oh, well. It was a
fun try and I didn't kill myself havin' at it.

Gettin' old sucks. Now I see why there aren't a lot of tree climbers
in their '60s. A toast to the tree climbers. That's a helluva job.

--
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climati...il_controversy
Climategate, bull****.

Around here the tree crews work in teams of 3. The climber goes up on a
rope thrown over a (sturdy) branch and positions himself. Via another
rope a chainsaw gets pulled up. Then away they go. Going up a rope
requires leg power, mostly. That's what I observed, admiring them all
the way.

In my younger days I've cut down a few trees only. Not high enough to
not be able to use ladders.

--
Best regards
Han