Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Netgear CG814WG v2 cable modem blinking lights.

hr(bob) wrote:
On Jan 14, 10:16 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
David Farber wrote:

Hi Jeff and everyone else who posted before,

The first thing I tested was the power supply. It read a steady 5
volts dc. I tried every type of reset. It didn't help. It is now
more than 12 hours since the problem happened. Then it dawned on
me, what does the output sticker on the power supply say? Really?
*12* volts dc? I couldn't find another 12V 1A wall adapter in my
box of power adapters. But I do have a 12V portable jump start car
battery with a built in air compressor AND a dc output jack. I
rummaged through my stuff again and found a car cigarette lighter
(do we still call them cigarette lighters?) attachment with a
standard small plug on the other end. I hooked it all up and now
it's working again. My next question is until I find a suitable AC
adapter replacement, can I just keep this 3-in-1 jump starter
plugged into the AC all the time to keep it charged? This is what
it looks like though I got it from Costco many years ago
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-in-1-...ssor-8884.html

Flatbed scanners use a 12V 1.25 or 1.5 A power supply, and are often
floating around in piles of electonic junk.- Hide quoted text -

This whole interchnge of e-mails just shows how importannt little
things turn out to beg.

Exactly!

Thanks for your reply.
--