Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] grmiller@rogers.com is offline

Default New Encoder - Requires New Cover - Ideas

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 14:12:57 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"d32" wrote in message
On Monday, January 14, 2013 11:57:23 AM UTC-8, Bob La Londe wrote:
I need to replace a cover that looks like this...
http://www.yumabassman.com/encoderco...er%20Cover.jpg ... with a
cover more like this ...
http://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/New%20Cover.jpg , because the new
encoder takes up more room. I could make it out of fiberglass (messy),
cut it out of a solid block of acetal or aluminum (expensive), or fold a
hack job out of sheet (sharp edges and not pretty), but I am hoping
somebody will suggest a simpler more elegant solution. Here is the
application:
http://www.yumabassman.com/encoderco...-47-39_861.jpg I
would like to funnel any coolant away from it, and protect it from being
bumped into there on the front of the machine.

Cut the orignal in half. Then attach a section of Al channel to the open
half

The original feels like fiberglass with a high percentage of resin to glass.

I am actually thinking about vacuum forming a cover at this point. Still
mulling it over.

Scrounge a disposable "kidney bowl" from your local hospital.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada