Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Encoder - Requires New Cover - Ideas

On 1/14/2013 14:57, Bob La Londe wrote:
I need to replace a cover that looks like this...

http://www.yumabassman.com/encoderco...er%20Cover.jpg

... with a cover more like this ...

http://www.yumabassman.com/encodercover/New%20Cover.jpg

, because the new encoder takes up more room.

I could make it out of fiberglass (messy), cut it out of a solid block
of acetal or aluminum (expensive), or fold a hack job out of sheet
(sharp edges and not pretty), but I am hoping somebody will suggest a
simpler more elegant solution.

Here is the application:

http://www.yumabassman.com/encoderco...-47-39_861.jpg

I would like to funnel any coolant away from it, and protect it from
being bumped into there on the front of the machine.

Depends on rigidity required. Go to the store and look at tupperware
style stuff. May find one that's hackable without being ugly.

--
Steve Walker
(remove brain when replying)