Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default New Lowes

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:00:26 PM UTC-8, FrozenNorth wrote:
A new Lowes just opened around the corner from me in Toronto, Grand Opening today, Bryan Baeumler was giving a presentation, short funny but interesting talk, Q&A session, then autographs. I didn't stay for the autograph, too many in the line, wandered around the store, much nicer and a better selection than the local Home Depot or Rona store. -- Froz... The system will be down for 10 days for preventive maintenance.

I find Lowes cleaner and better organized and stocked. It is more geared to the home owner, more typical retail. Home Depot is a bit more geared towards contractors. At least in my experience and pretty consistent acros the dozen or so different store sites I frequent.

I agree to some extent. I am finding that location location location
has a lot to do with how each appears. Two years ago my wife and I move
to a more upscale part of town. The Home Depot in that location was a
shock to me. Cleaner and the employees more helpful than any other HD
or Lowe's that I have been in.