Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default New Lowes

On 1/14/2013 5:31 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:00:26 PM UTC-8, FrozenNorth wrote:
A new Lowes just opened around the corner from me in Toronto, Grand
Opening today, Bryan Baeumler was giving a presentation, short funny
but interesting talk, Q&A session, then autographs. I didn't stay for
the autograph, too many in the line, wandered around the store, much
nicer and a better selection than the local Home Depot or Rona store.
-- Froz... The system will be down for 10 days for preventive
maintenance.

I find Lowes cleaner and better organized and stocked. It is more
geared to the home owner, more typical retail. Home Depot is a bit
more geared towards contractors. At least in my experience and pretty
consistent acros the dozen or so different store sites I frequent.

I find they both have their pros and cons.
Sometimes one has better stuff than the other.

Lowes is brighter, but choice is not necessarly better, it just depeneds
on what you are looking for.

I have found Lowes to be more customer oriented that Home Depot. Hence
if I have a choice it is always Lowes.

However my favorite store is not in the Carolinas. I loved Menards, and
shopped there all most exclusively even though it was significantly
further that the Lowes or Home Depot.