Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default New Lowes

On Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:00:26 PM UTC-8, FrozenNorth wrote:
A new Lowes just opened around the corner from me in Toronto, Grand Opening today, Bryan Baeumler was giving a presentation, short funny but interesting talk, Q&A session, then autographs. I didn't stay for the autograph, too many in the line, wandered around the store, much nicer and a better selection than the local Home Depot or Rona store. -- Froz... The system will be down for 10 days for preventive maintenance.

I find Lowes cleaner and better organized and stocked. It is more geared to the home owner, more typical retail. Home Depot is a bit more geared towards contractors. At least in my experience and pretty consistent acros the dozen or so different store sites I frequent.

I find they both have their pros and cons.
Sometimes one has better stuff than the other.

Lowes is brighter, but choice is not necessarly better, it just depeneds
on what you are looking for.

--
Jeff