Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder[_2_] Mr Pounder[_2_] is offline

Default Left the apprentice in Grimsby

"ARW" wrote in message
No.

I'm talking about an apprentice who saw a chance to waste 15 minutes.

We know their tricks.

Now the apprentice I was with earlier in the week managed to go into the
garage and buy us both a couple of drinks and he took the fuelcard in with
him to pay for the fuel at the same time. He actually asked "Shall I take
the card and pay for the fuel while I am in the shop?".

Can you now understand why some apprentices are a pleasure to work with
and others just get bollockings day after day until they quit/get fired?

I was the "best" not my words - indentured apprentice on the company and
was I worked like a dog.
I was the only indentured apprentice. The other lads were trendy.
No pick up and drop off for me; it was the bus.
I can remember sitting on a pile of lagging in the back of a freezing cold
damp van and listening to this number 1.
I was dropped off about a mile from home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D07fIa9XKS8

You should not have done what you did Adam.
In later life I have had young trainees. If I had abandoned them I would
have been beaten up and then sacked.