Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default What is FOUR wire Triplex for?

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
I rented a house in the Outer Banks this summer and saw where there

were 2 insulated wires and a bare wire coming from the pole. At first
it appeared to me that the bare wire was only the support and that
there as no ground (which made me curious), but closer investigation
showed it to be the ground also. That was the first time I had seen a
set up like that.

Not sure what the standard is now in North Carolina,but most of the houses I
have looked at that seems to be the standard. Two hot wires (insulated) and
a bare wire for the neutral that also seems to be the support line.