Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default EMP weapon

On Jan 13, 6:22*pm, (Mark Zenier) wrote:
In article ,
Leif Neland wrote:

Would it be possible to make a device, which could be carried in a
suitcase, which would destroy/disable a computerized voting machine?

It might kill a few mobile phones too, but that would be a small price
to pay to defend democracy.

Surfing through the over the air TV the other day while checking the
electronic program schedules, I ran across an infomercial from
some outfit selling a portable countertop induction cooking element.

What kind of effective range do these things have for destroying
electronics? *I gather that these things put out a magnetic field
with several hundred watts in the 20-100 kHz range.

Mark Zenier

I don't know, but to use it at a polling place you would have to adapt
it to battery operation and then lug around an awfully big battery box.