Posted to rec.woodworking

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Final glue-up

Dave wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 06:58:52 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
appropriate to adapt to it rather than to try to stop what may be
completely natural and unavoidable?

Well, people like Al Gore notwithstanding, I am of the opinion that
man makes a significant contribution to this warming of the earth.

Now, if you want to argue the existence of man makes it inevitable
that warming will occur, then there's not much I can offer in
rebuttal.

Like the other creatures on this planet, man is simply a creation of
nature. However, unlike the other creatures on this planet, we have
the realization of what we're doing and quite possibly the knowledge
to change what we're doing.

Whether we let our dominant species attitude get in the way of
changing our global warming actions or not is something else entirely.
Personally, as species, I think we're too arrogant for most of us to
make a constructive change in how we treat this planet.

larger statement and I think you lost the context. If after doing so you
still think I'm disagreeing that man has contributed, then let me know and
I'll take another swing at and see if I can say it better.

--

-Mike-