Posted to uk.d-i-y
Windmill[_3_] Windmill[_3_] is offline

Default Soldering flexible cord (headphones)

Matthias Czech writes:

Am 12.01.2013 17:06, schrieb Rick Hughes:
[soldering problem]

If that helps give an idea of cable type ...I have taken a pic:
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/x...psaac86758.jpg

Is there a particular technique to soldering these ...... the issue is
stripping the cores, it just seems to fray and get in a mess.

Just an idea (may be a bad one): Try to burn off the insulation with a
pencil torch or even (if not at hand) a lighter.
May work, if the insulation is cotton-based.

Hope you understand, what i'm trying to say.

BZW: I apologize for my bad English. I am a Kraut.

That's not bad English, it's very good English. Far better than the
Google-translated German I had to use last year when ordering from
Germany!

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m