Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
ABLE1 ABLE1 is offline

Default Simplex 2400 JF

Looking for some assist.

This is a Simplex 2400, please see attached pictures.

Here is the problem. Upon inspection of the Master Clock today. There are
two area where there were at one time an electronic component that was
connect across two terminals. The components have "vaporized" due to a
heavy
surge or spike. The only thing left is the wire leads connected to the
terminals. The one device was across the AC input. (Hot and Neutral) The
other was in the upper left corner of the Motherboard.

I can only guess that they were either MOV's or Capacitors. The Master
Clock
seems to be working just fine. At this point in time there is no way to
determine when this happened but it really took a hit.

What I hoping for is that some one (Simplex Tech) would know what device
might have placed in these areas and maybe what values they might have
been.
Not an easy task to be guessing at.

Thanks,

Les

Attached Thumbnails
Simplex 2400 JF-simplex-2-jpg  Simplex 2400 JF-simplex-1-jpg