Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Easter Mike Easter is offline

Default Hunter Ceiling Fan no lnger works

RBM wrote:
Mike Easter wrote:

If we accept the original premise, that there is (allegedly) no wall
switch and there is (definitely) no problem at the circuit breaker and
two separate electrical devices each with independent switch
(fan/light) which both worked previously but now simultaneously no
longer now work, then we are left to assume that

The OP states, "

The wiring between the fan and the electrical panel is OK and all of the
circuit breakers are On" I would believe that this means he has , or
believes he has 120 volts at the splices in the fan canopy. If in fact,
he does, any wall switch is a moot point.

He didn't 'say' (specifically) he had voltage at the canopy.

He seems to be focused on a concept of repeatedly asking about a 'reset
switch' -- which is silly when it comes to talking about a light bulb
not working and which fan reset is neither addressed or illustrated in
the .pdf manual (with troubleshooting section) link he was provided
earlier. None of my fans, Hunter, Hampton Bay, Casablanca, totalling 5
including a reinstall of one of them, have had any reset switch.

To me, it isn't logical that there would be a user reset switch to be
reset manually living inside a canopy housing up in a ceiling.

Instead he provided only his troubleshooting conclusions without giving
sufficient information about how he derived the conclusions. He said

"The wiring between the fan and the electrical panel is OK and all of
the circuit breakers are On."

I have no idea how he concluded the integrity of the wiring between the
fan and the panel or how he concluded the breaker was 'on'. He also
said 'No longer work' indicating that previously both worked.

All of that causes me to be uncertain as to how he went about
determining the information we were provided which causes me to
'suspect' that some part of the information was incomplete or inaccurate.

I focused on the 'secret' wall switch because of my own wall switches
which were installed at the same time as the ceiling box. I did not
assume that he had tested the voltage in the canopy and I also have no
idea how much he knows about breaker behaviors and positions.

The last time I chased down a mystery impossible downstairs outside dead
outlet plug I eventually discovered that it was supposed to be getting
its juice from a circuit far away and in an upstairs bathroom outlet
with a GFI breaker

--
Mike Easter