Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default eWoodShop - Mission Bar Stool - Final glue-up

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Unquestionably Confused wrote:

Note also that the preferred term has become "Climate Change" to
avoid confrontation with those nasty folk who point out any flaws in
the "Global Warming" argument.

An equally good point. It seems to me that those with the agenda in
this matter used this tactic (renaming the issue at hand), in order to
continue to advance their agenda by attempting to remove a point of
objection (dodging it), rather than honestly re-evaluating the facts
as they became challenged. People with agendas may serve a purpose in
getting discussions started, but those agendas lose their value very
quickly once discussion begins - at least to me they do.

Having read some of the reputable research, I do believe that not only
there is a global increase in temperatures, but that it is happening
because of "greenhouse effects" from human activities. Yes, indeed,
climate is always changing - so what? The reason for concern is that we
arecausing it this time. And it may be a vicious cycle that once started
will be difficult to stop. Maybe a few degrees F doesn't make that much
difference to you or even to your food crops, but if all the water in the
oceans is going to warm up, that will increase the volume. Pretty soon,
that may mean Houston will be under water, as will just about every port
city in the world, unless we build sea defenses that are 20 feet or more
in height greater than what (if anything) is there now. Not this decade
perhaps, or even this century, but it will happen, according to reliable
predictions. It may be coincidence, but hereabouts (North Jersey) we
have had 3 or 4 "100-year storms" in the last few years, including Sandy,
the worst of all. It seems that Sandy was "helped" by abnormally warm
ocean waters ... So the question is how many Sandys does it take to make
you guys believers?

--
Best regards
Han