Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default London tube Ticket (OT)

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
They (me !) get 100% on local buses pretty much anywhere. I went from
York to Whitby, which took 2.5 hours, but the the rail ticket to Kings
Cross was IIRC £4, and then free again back to Kent. Crazy system.

It's the cheapest vote winner ever because, when it comes to it, most
pensioners can't be bothered to go anywhere much.

The idea of the Freedom pass is free local travel. And in London it is
much used by many pensioners.

Yes but there's a gulf between what's allowed and what people actually
use it for. They like to think they'll be swanning around London,
visiting art galleries and stuff, but the novelty soon wears off. I
don't even use it for the bus most of the time as I need the exercise