Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default London tube Ticket (OT)

On 14/01/2013 11:39, wrote:
On Monday, January 14, 2013 12:27:55 AM UTC, polygonum wrote:
On 14/01/2013 00:25,
wrote:
snip

Well, Amersham is about as extreme as you can get... Having made
the journey there from central London I'd certainly recommend
NOT using the Metropolitan line if you can use the train to/from
Marylebone

Same fare arrangements whether you travel "overground" or
"underground"!

I was thinking more of comfort and speed - Metropolitan line from
Baker street seemed to take ages in a not very comfortable carriage,
while Chiltern back to Marylebone was comfortable and seemed much
quicker.

Have not travelled on the line since Met rolling stock has been
replaced. Prior I would get out feeling I had been on fast spin cycle.
The older aluminium ones used to bounce around terribly.

Chiltern trains, however, are very often full to the gunwales. And they
are quicker - usually fewer stops.

--
Rod