Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Voltage regulation wrt resistive and inductive loads...

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:40:11 -0800 (PST), Transition Zone
wrote:

On Jan 12, 5:10*pm, "Existential Angst" wrote:
Awl --

In a portable generator.

Does one type of load vs the other make it more difficult for a typical
portable generator to maintain constant voltage?
Esp at a current approaching the continuous current limit of the generator.

I ask bec the mfr claims 1-2% regulation. *A small miller welder is causing
12%+ variation, within the current limitations, with the voltage variation
being fairly proportional to load. *I'm assuming a transformer load is
substantially inductive?

I haven't yet tested it with purely resistive loads, cuz, well,

PURELY resistive? Where in the heck would you find a PURELY RESISTIVE
load?

A heater?