Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default how to obtain "troubleshooting guide" for Kenmore dryer?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 14:58:52 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

On 01/13/2013 02:02 PM, wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:51 pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
got a Kenmore dryer - actually in a place that I'm renting - that is the
most irritating appliance ever, in that it constantly cuts off thinking
that the clothes are dry. I have cleaned the moisture sensor bars with
alcohol and also washed the lint filter in soapy water thinking that it
may be fabric softener buildup. I'm not nuts about the vent hose
configuration but it doesn't appear to be kinked or clogged. Searching
online yields results on appliance repair forums that refer to
diagnostic tests in the "troubleshooting guide" that presumably pros
have access to, but I don't see where to get them. Going through Sears'
web site is an exercise in frustration. Anyone have any shortcuts, or
should I just dump this stupid thing and get a simpler used one off
Craigslist? (I'm willing to do that if that's what it takes because
it's a huge quality of life issue, killing a whole Saturday morning to
babysit the dryer while doing two or three loads of laundry is a
colossal waste of my time - it's seriously looking more appealing to
start doing my wash at the laundromat. Plus if I wash something that I
want to wear within an hour or two, that's not happening - anything that
normally hangs in a closet ends up getting hung and drip dried.)

It's an electric dryer, model 110.62082101, in case anyone has a copy.

thanks,

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

My usual approach to that kind of problem is to get a
circuit diagram and a VOM. If it's completing the cycle,
like it thinks the clothes should be dry, sounds like it
would be the moisture sensing, however that's done.
Or is it stopping without getting to the end? I think
the dryers I've owned had a more basic cycle too, like
just timed dry that might bypass the moisture sensor?

Right, question is how to get diagram?

If I can't fix it myself, it's getting recycled, which is a shame, but
we all know that a service call base rate is about 50% of the cost of a
new dryer, so they're essentially consumable even if they are fairly
complex.

nate

When My Kenmore was acting up I took the top panel apart and inside it
was a wiring diagram..... The repair was a $100 replacement circuit
board. Mine had simply stop running as soon as the start button was
released. (Start button made it start but when it was released it
wouldn't keep running). The board had a fired diode on it. The
replacement included instructions to modify a couple wire connections.