Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default EMP weapon

Leif Neland wrote:
Franc Zabkar udtrykte pręcist:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:05:10 +0100, Leif Neland put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Some politicans in my country wants to jeopardize the trust the
peoples trust in our paper ballot system, which everyone can
understand, and is very, if not impossibe to cheat, ...

In English we refer to cheating during a paper election as "stuffing
the ballot box". Very easy to do ...

And easy to detect, when you have a voting attendance of 110%.
Otherwise you would also have to remove votes you didn't like.

Here, everybody are allowed to witness that the ballot box is empty,
when it is locked.
And the entire election, in every election site, is being monitored by
members of all the parties. (ordinary party members, not the elected
party members), so it is not easy to cheat.

It would take a massive conspiracy to fix the election in 10.000
election sites, while hacking the machines, especially if they are all
alike, could be done by very few.

The test of any voting system is "Would you trust Putin if he said it
was OK?"

Leif

Here in Canada our last federal election has been tainted with a
possible Robo-Call attack on voters. The way this works is first a party
figures out who is likely to vote for them and who is not, then the day
of the election they call the people (a robot does the calling) to tell
them that the polling station has moved to a new location...

Now you only need to do this in a few close-call ridings and you only
need to divert a few people so you don't tip your hand...

However Elections Canada is looking into this and if they can ever
figure out who Pierre Poutine is (Poutine is a Canadian 'delicacy') they
might be able to track down who set this up.

So, even paper ballots with scrutineers of all parties can be defeated
by unscrupulous people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robocall_scandal

Sad when this sort of things happens, but it generally ****es people off
enough that they get involved with other parties than the ones suspected
of perpetrating the robo-calls (I hope!).

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com