Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default EMP weapon

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:29:47 +0100, Leif Neland put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar udtrykte pręcist:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 23:05:10 +0100, Leif Neland put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Some politicans in my country wants to jeopardize the trust the peoples
trust in our paper ballot system, which everyone can understand, and is
very, if not impossibe to cheat, ...

In English we refer to cheating during a paper election as "stuffing
the ballot box". Very easy to do ...

And easy to detect, when you have a voting attendance of 110%.
Otherwise you would also have to remove votes you didn't like.

In some countries voting is not compulsory, so your extra 10% would go
undetected when the turnout was 50%, say.

Believe or not, in Australia the only requirement for identifying
yourself at the polling station was to tell the booth attendant your
name. S/he would then locate it in a paper directory and draw a line
through it. This meant that you could vote several times at several
polling booths by impersonating other electors.

IMHO, paper ballots are an anachronism that should have died long ago.
I refuse to believe that technology is incapable of ensuring that
electronic voting is safe and reliable. AISI, electronic voting is an
inevitable progression.

The test of any voting system is "Would you trust Putin if he said it
was OK?"

I wouldn't trust Putin with any ballot, paper or otherwise. Would you?

- Franc Zabkar