Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Woodburner Gurus

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:29:40 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

It appears to be a little *underaired* as you sound to be gasifying the
wood. I'm no expert though.

Neither am I, that's why I'm asking. B-) I was under the impression
that to get the most out of the wood you where supposed to gasify it.

Do you run the fire closed down overnight? This quickly blackens the
glass on ours.

No, the last logs go in about 2100 so that by the time the CH thermostat
drops back to 15C at 2200 it's not roaring away heating the thermal store
for no real benefit. It'll still have a full bed approx 12 x 18" of
burning charcoal that doesn't half chuck out the heat...

--
Cheers
Dave.