Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default Power outage

"RBM" wrote in message ...

OK, you have an open somewhere on that circuit. The first thing I would
do, is determine if it's the hot leg or the neutral that's open. The
second thing I would do, is determine if all of the outlets on that
circuit are dead, when the breaker is on. If some outlets remain live, I
would try to determine the wiring sequence and look for the open circuit
at the last live outlet in the chain, or the first dead outlet on the
chain. Sometimes you can locate the location of the loose connection by
plugging in a test light bulb, into one of the dead outlets, then tap on
all the other outlets, and switches on that circuit. If you whack one,
and it causes the light to flicker, look for your loose connection
there. Don't overlook outdoor outlets, that may be on that circuit as well.

ALL outlets and switches are dead with breaker on. No outside outlets are on
this circuit. I like the suggestions. Will add to the list and troubleshoot.

Thanks