Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default EMP weapon

On 1/12/2013 4:05 PM, Leif Neland wrote:
Would it be possible to make a device, which could be carried in a
suitcase, which would destroy/disable a computerized voting machine?

It might kill a few mobile phones too, but that would be a small price
to pay to defend democracy.

Some politicans in my country wants to jeopardize the trust the peoples
trust in our paper ballot system, which everyone can understand, and is
very, if not impossibe to cheat, and replace it with electronic voting
machines.

Even if almost all IT-professionals complain that you can't have both
secret and verifyable e-elections, they still insist on having trials at
the next municipal elections.

The only IT-professionals which are positive, are the companys which
think they can earn hundreds of millions on trying to implement the
system, it seems...

Well, Here in Oklahoma USA we have a double acting system. We vote
with a paper ballot and it is counted electronically. That way we
have a paper trail if there is any doubt.

Bill Gill