vmtw

Default I'm pumped - my new shop is coming together

RS wrote in message ...
Check for rocks or other mineral deposits before you run your recycled
wood through your good priced tools.

I checked for iron particles with a metal detector and the second time I
used the joiner with recycled wood (pallet wood, all metal testing was
clean) and I trashed the knives.
Metal detectors don't find minerals or rocks, pallets collect many
things from any ground they have ever been set upon.

Knives are about $60 for Delta, you can buy a fair amount of good wood
for $60.

Use a paint scraper then a wire brush followed with a blow off with an
air hose and a vacuum of the recycled wood, it might save you $60 for
knives.

RS

I have heard of people using a belt sander on pallet wood prior to
using a jointer or planer.
Scott