Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Soldering flexible cord (headphones)

In message , Matthias Czech
writes
Am 12.01.2013 17:06, schrieb Rick Hughes:
[soldering problem]

If that helps give an idea of cable type ...I have taken a pic:

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/x...0112_155950_zp
saac86758.jpg

Is there a particular technique to soldering these ...... the issue is
stripping the cores, it just seems to fray and get in a mess.

Just an idea (may be a bad one): Try to burn off the insulation with a
pencil torch or even (if not at hand) a lighter.
May work, if the insulation is cotton-based.

Hope you understand, what i'm trying to say.

BZW: I apologize for my bad English. I am a Kraut.

Winkelschleifer !

--
geoff