Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default TV Stand Project and Cabinetry

Sonny wrote:
On Friday, January 11, 2013 12:32:17 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:

I will surely need some sort of molding between the faceframe and the
top too. Maybe a simple cove (concave)?

Sometime I'll see what that combination looks like in SketchUp; this is
a new domain for me.

You want an expert opinion, ask your wife. Those women have an eye, and/or the gene, for those details. Us guys don't got no sense when it comes to decorating.

Sonny

I'm not exactly sure why at least 3 of us want to make SketchUp users
out of everyone. But just for fun I drew a couple moldings, my first effort,
and took 2 snapshots (using Steve's tip on Exporting 2D images), just to
help illustratethat this is not a bad tool to experiment with
moldings.Iknow alot more is possible, asI subscribe to the free
SketchUcation Newsletter, but this only took 10 or 15 minutes, including
do-overs!

They are the 3rd and 4th image on my website (below), if anyone wants to
see. They are not intended to be glamour shots. I am just trying to
inform, and maybe entertain a little, and I learned a little in the
process. I'm a SU user who doesn't practice much, and Iprobably rate 2
out of 10and am aspiring to get to 3! : ) Search for the SketchUcation
Newsletter if you want to see really wondrous SU work.

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Bill