Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default Clean/repair stained porcelain sink?

On Jan 10, 12:08*pm, "
wrote:
On Jan 10, 2:57*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
Our porcelain-enamel kitchen sink has developed stains, especially
where the plastic "feet" of a "sink protector" have rested. I think
that stuff that has been dropped into the sink and not rinsed away
immediately has caught on those "feet" and remained there long enough
to stain the surface. I have cleaned the sink from time to time with
Soft-Scrub, but hat no longer seems effective, and now I find that
the stained areas actually feel rougher than the unstained areas.

Any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Depends on what the stais are. *Scrubbing...bleaching...etc

First thing I'd try is to plug up the sink, put some bleach
in it and let it sit awhile.

First thing I'd try is to plug up the sink, put some bleach

in it and let it sit awhile.

+1

OP- give the bleach a shot.

My experinece with "roughened" porcelain sink (porcelain over cast
iron not steel), the porcelain can be attaked / etched by acid
liquids, lemon juice, ctirc acid.

If the roughness isn't deep & the procelin sink is top quality, the
roughness can be polisihed out the a honing compound.

cheers
Bob