Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Power outage

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:50:50 -0500, "Meanie" wrote:

I tested the breaker which indicated good. I removed the breaker feed,
turned the breaker on and read 120v. Therefore, I assume the problem is
elsewhere in the field. I ensured all neutral connections were secured. I
reconnected the breaker feed and turned on the breaker and still no power.
The good part is, it's designated to one circuit and not the entire house.
The bad news is my router and modem are on that circuit, but I am running an
extension cord to another outlet.

Any suggestions what the problem could be? My guess is a wire, but uncertain
and where.

Thanks

It may be a break at a connection. Do you know what is on that
circuit? If it is a series of connections, I'd start at the first one
and work along. You may have the wires feeding a receptacle, then
they go from that receptacle to another. If the first receptacle went
bad or connection came loose, everything down line is out.

Also, are there any GFCI on the line? if so, check that first.