Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default Power outage

Approximately 3 days ago, I noticed a few quick power bumps whenever I would
turn on a light switch or my cable box or my computer, which are all on the
same circuit. Everything on that circuit would shut down and start up
instantly. Today, it did it again when the wife turned on the bathroom light
(same circuit). Therefore, thinking it may be a loose breaker, I turned off
then back on the breaker. Upon restarting my computer, the entire power
within that circuit went out and this time, never came back on.

I tested the breaker which indicated good. I removed the breaker feed,
turned the breaker on and read 120v. Therefore, I assume the problem is
elsewhere in the field. I ensured all neutral connections were secured. I
reconnected the breaker feed and turned on the breaker and still no power.
The good part is, it's designated to one circuit and not the entire house.
The bad news is my router and modem are on that circuit, but I am running an
extension cord to another outlet.

Any suggestions what the problem could be? My guess is a wire, but uncertain
and where.

Thanks