Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Fuzz

On Jan 12, 3:42*pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Jan 12, 11:32*am, "Steve B" wrote:

I just tapped in to a cable socket in the wall. *This comes off another
cable socket on the other side of the wall that provides signal to that TV,
and that TV works fine. *But the TV on this side has "fuzz", or "snow". *I
changed the screw-on coax cable, but that didn't help, so I don't think it's
the coax.

How do I test what is wrong with this? *I get picture and sound, just fuzz
and snow.

Steve

Where do the signals come from? *Is there a splitter somewhere in the
wall between the two outlets? *Have you tried the poor tv on the other
cable outlet, it might be the cable or it might be the tv! *Have you
removed the cover plate to see what is in the wall? *Lots for you to
do and tell us what happens.

screw on connectors dont work as well as the crimp on type.....

might well be a poor connection somehere.

try loosening then tightening all connectors