Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Cable modem TV antenna experiment

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:40:40 -0800, mike wrote:

1000 feet is gonna be more than you want to deal with.

I have 5.7GHz links that are 1.0 miles, 1.5 miles, and 3 miles. They
run a mix of Ubiquiti hardware. Zero problems with the link part of
the puzzle. In the past, I used 2.4GHz links, with bit 24dBi barbeque
dish antennas. Add some interference, and it simply didn't work.
5.7Ghz fixed that. 1000ft (1/5th of a mile) is a no brainer.

But more importantly, how far to HIS nearest neighbor.
Maybe it's more feasible for him to steal their netflix and internet.

If he can get a wireless or wired bridge running, one of these should
be able to provide the necessary video:
http://www.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-350

For movies, you can load the movies onto a flash card and deliver
it to his tablet.

I know very few people who a willing to watch an hour or two long
movie on a tablet screen. Large screen LCD TV's are more common.
Plugging the big LCD TV into the iPad or Android tablet via an HDMI
cable works. At that point, might was well get a streaming medial
player from WD, Netgear, Roku, and others, instead, and leave the
tablet for other things.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D