Posted to alt.home.repair

Default backsplash tile install

Bought some mosaic stone/glass back splash sheets to install in
kitchen. The tiles are horizontally in staggered rows. I will need to even
up the ends of 4 sheets. Will those hand tool 'nibbler' type cutters work
okay, or will I need a wet saw? The tiles are 0.31" thick. Would hate to
buy a saw, never to use it again. Thanks.

*I don't think you can cut glass tile with a nibbler. Check with the place
where you bought them, but I think a wet saw is called for. I bought a
cheap one new for the price of a rental at Home Depot years ago. Harbor
Freight has the same model for $79.00 I think. It works well, but you can't
go too fast with the cutting. Definitely not made for high speed
production, but good for a homeowner. I did buy a better blade separately
rather than use the one that came with the saw. I've seen handymen use a
handheld angle grinder with a diamond blade for tile cutting.