Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless kitchen blender

On Jan 12, 9:20*am, rlz wrote:
On Jan 12, 7:04*am, "
wrote:

On Jan 11, 8:22*pm, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:19:38 +0000 (UTC), Red Green

wrote:

Will running the blender deep-6 anyone nearby with a pacemaker?

Ask the doctor about induction appliances... before you buy 'em.

It's not really an induction appliance like say an induction
range. *It just uses induction to charge the batteries, so
it's more like a cordless touthbrush, with far less power
than what it would take to actually run the blende

On the video clip that was on TV, if the blender was on the induction
spot of the countertop, the blender would work. *They moved the
blender about 2 feet away from the spot, the blender wouldn't turn
on. *It doesn't appear to have batteries in the blender.

That must be a different video clip than the link you
provided. That one doesn't even show it working.
I based my comments on the PCWorld article about
the blender at CES:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20243...ountertop.html

"LAS VEGAS—The Chinese company Haier demonstrated at CES on Tuesday a
wireless blender powered by an electric transmitter that hides beneath
your kitchen countertop. The wireless coupling technology is similar
to the tech used in conductive charging mats for laptops. Just set the
blender on top of the counter for a while then pick it up and blend
your ingredients into liquid. "

It makes sense to me because to charge it, there is cheap
consumer electronics out there already that does that, eg
cordless tooth brush. The other half of the blender can be
small, powered off a wall wart, etc. Still dumb in my world,
because even installing that underneath a counter isn;t
something I'd do to solve a non-existent problem. And then
what do you plug it in to under the counter?

If the induction had to actually power the blender when
it's running, it would require a far more powerful, expensive
solution needing AC power, etc.