Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default DVD laser (just out of curiosity).

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"William Sommer****** is a ****ing Ass"

Is a DVD laser orange/amber?

It's (supposedly) red. But there would be nothing wrong
using a shorter wavelength.

Utter bull****.

Wavelength is critical to reading the data from a pressed disk.

A short wavelength is needed to resolve fine detail.

** ROTFL !!

What a ****ing MORON and NUT CASE.

FYI

the pit depth on pressed disks is half a wavelength in each case.

DVD players have both IR and red lasers.

.... Phil

Indeed, Phil. And as I said in my reply to William, Blu Ray players have a
blue one as well ...

Since I almost never find CD/DVD lasers with any kind of part number, I
pretty much skated over the few assorted datasheets I'd found.

I sort of only half-noticed that some of them are dual lasers.

There is an obvious danger - I could be mucking about with a DVD laser
trying to get some light out of it, unaware that the IR section is happily
lasing away!