Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Daniel James[_2_] Daniel James[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post

In article o.uk, Dave
Liquorice wrote:
Haven't rooted my Tab II, just bought a 3rd party kit of bits for £15
delivered, these plug into the expansion port. Gives me a multiformat
card reader and USB OTG.

I've an official Samsung kit that does the same for my Note 10.1.

Not sure about HDMI out, the orginaly Tab had that via Anne Adapter
but not sure they are available for the Tab II.

There is an official Samsung HDMI kit that plugs into the 30-pin port on
the device and takes power from the normal charging cable (can't
apparently be run on the tablet's own power). I don't have it, but it
exists.

I mostly use an app (es file manager) and just copy stuff across the
Wifi from a SMB share.

That's what I do ... or use the micro-SD card to move files.

Actually, my Note 10.1 (Jelly Bean) *does* seem to try to support USM,
but it only manages to show the top-level directories of the mounted
volumes, not their contents (this is on Linux). I haven't quite got my
head around that ... it may be a udev permissions issue?

So far I've always found it easier to just use ES than worry about it!

Cheers,
Daniel.