Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:06:14 +0000 (UTC), Tony Houghton wrote:

Does it have to be a Nexus 7? Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab
II 7.0.

I'll second that. Galaxy Tab 2 also has an SD card slot, so storage
can be expanded. The Nexus 7 is lacking certain key features such as
SD card slot, HDMI out, USB OTG (although the last can be achieved
with 3rd party software/patches or rooting the device).

Whereas most Samsung devices need rooting just to get USB Mass Storage,

Haven't rooted my Tab II, just bought a 3rd party kit of bits for £15
delivered, these plug into the expansion port. Gives me a multiformat
card reader and USB OTG. Not sure about HDMI out, the orginaly Tab had
that via Anne Adapter but not sure they are available for the Tab II.

so transferring files to and from them is tedious, especially if you're
not familiar with the SDK.

I mostly use an app (es file manager) and just copy stuff across the Wifi
from a SMB share.

--
Cheers
Dave.