Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default DVD laser (just out of curiosity).

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"William Sommer****** is a ****ing Ass"

Is a DVD laser orange/amber?

It's (supposedly) red. But there would be nothing wrong
using a shorter wavelength.

Utter bull****.

Wavelength is critical to reading the data from a pressed disk.

A short wavelength is needed to resolve fine detail.

** ROTFL !!

What a ****ing MORON and NUT CASE.

FYI

the pit depth on pressed disks is half a wavelength in each case.

DVD players have both IR and red lasers.

.... Phil

Indeed, Phil. And as I said in my reply to William, Blu Ray players have a
blue one as well ...

If the pits are indeed a half wavelength deep, then that is the answer to
why all three laser wavelengths are required to read all three formats, and
why the likes of Sony go to all that trouble to integrate three different
laser diodes into one block.

Arfa