Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Nat gas pressure drop vs. pipe length

Stormin Mormon wrote:

?
? Sounds like that got seriously cold.

It was about 20 degrees in the house till I got the new gas service I
installed inspected and my service turned back on.
CY: I'd call that cold. I've been in houses that were in the 40s indoors,
but that's colder than that. Guess I was in one which had the pipes freeze.

I had no water at that time, because the old galvanized pipe sheared
off at a coupling while digging up the gas line.

mes wonder if I should preheat
? my bed with a hair dryer for a few minutes, before climbing in.

Only if you mean in the open, under the bed and not close to carpet
od the box springs.
CY: No, I was thinking to lift the blankets about six inches,and stick my
arm in with a hair dryer in hand. Four or five seconds, there abouts.

The heat would escape, uless there was so little space that you could
burn the sheets from the hot air. I wouldn't do it. Toss an electric
blanket on top and run it for 15 minutes before you crawl in. A lot
safer, and makes the whole bed warm for you.