Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default TV Stand Project and Cabinetry

Swingman wrote:

Here's the casework:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...16516513022130

Here's the casework with base attached:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...16532739249570

Here's what the base looks like from bottom side:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...16543789641538

I alternated looking at picture 3 and 4 of the base for at least a half
hour before I figured out how complicated, or simple, the base really is
depending on one's point of view. At first I thought the cabinetry
rested on top of the base (silly me!)
Really remarkable construction (and evidently rock-solid).

If there are any other newbes reading who like cabinetry, I suggest they
not pass up this great lessson (and I think it's a tough one).

BTW, I don't think you learn technique like this at the table saw... and
I just proved that you don't need a table saw to learn this technique.
Wonderfully satisfying "solution"...

Bill