Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Nat gas pressure drop vs. pipe length

Sounds like that got seriously cold.

It was about 20 degrees in the house till I got the new gas service I
installed inspected and my service turned back on.
CY: I'd call that cold. I've been in houses that were in the 40s indoors,
but that's colder than that. Guess I was in one which had the pipes freeze.

mes wonder if I should preheat
my bed with a hair dryer for a few minutes, before climbing in.

Only if you mean in the open, under the bed and not close to carpet
od the box springs.
CY: No, I was thinking to lift the blankets about six inches,and stick my
arm in with a hair dryer in hand. Four or five seconds, there abouts.

I had a similar moment when the draft inducer fan in my furnace wore out.
Wore right through the side of the housing, a sight to see. Anyhow. I
tried
to heat for a couple days with gas range burners, and electric heaters.
Not
very successful, for sure.

CY:I had a warm kitchen ceiling, but not much else was warm.