Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Wireless kitchen blender

On 1/11/2013 1:04 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 01/11/2013 10:07 AM, wrote:

Yeah, it's pretty lame. There are already cordless blenders
that use rechargable batteries for those that don't want a
cord. I don't need one of those either. This new thing is like
us hearing for years about how your refrigerator is going to
be connected to the internet. Another solution in search of
a problem.

What's lame about it? Seems to be a pretty innovative application of
inductive power transfer that is already in use with electric
toothbrushes and cellphones.

If you have no need for the new technology then this doesn't affect you,
unless you just like complaining because it is new.

Jon

toothbrushes and cells are pretty low power, and that's used for
charging. seems to me that a blender will require a much higher power
transfer, unless the blender is also just being charged and has internal
batteries. in that case, it won't be as powerful for as long as a corded
blender.