Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless kitchen blender

On Jan 11, 11:55*am, rlz wrote:
I saw an segment on Headline News this morning about new technology at
a tradeshow. *It showed a kitchen blender that is cordless. *It gets
its power inductively from a specific location on the countertop. *If
you move the blender away from the location, the blender doesn't work.

I laughed at it because I can just imagine how this would go in my
house. My wife would want this new blender. *I would have to replace
the countertop with this new type of countertop. *I would have to run
AC power to the underside of the countertop. *Of course, this would
require replacing the kitchen sink and faucet, as well. *Due to
replacing the countertop, the walls would have to be painted because
I'm sure there would be a noticable difference. *With new painted
walls, the cabinets would need to be cleaned or replaced. *Now that
the cabinets, walls and countertop are looking like new, the floor
would definitely need to be replaced. *Maybe even have to get all new
appliances as well.

All for a freaking $100 blender.....

Robin

What makes you think it only costs $100? A Vitamix
is like $400 and that's nothing exotic. They do come up
with some real whacky ideas though.