Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default Wireless kitchen blender

I saw an segment on Headline News this morning about new technology at
a tradeshow. It showed a kitchen blender that is cordless. It gets
its power inductively from a specific location on the countertop. If
you move the blender away from the location, the blender doesn't work.

I laughed at it because I can just imagine how this would go in my
house. My wife would want this new blender. I would have to replace
the countertop with this new type of countertop. I would have to run
AC power to the underside of the countertop. Of course, this would
require replacing the kitchen sink and faucet, as well. Due to
replacing the countertop, the walls would have to be painted because
I'm sure there would be a noticable difference. With new painted
walls, the cabinets would need to be cleaned or replaced. Now that
the cabinets, walls and countertop are looking like new, the floor
would definitely need to be replaced. Maybe even have to get all new
appliances as well.

All for a freaking $100 blender.....

Robin