Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Texas Dawg Texas Dawg is offline

Default Cable modem TV antenna experiment

The other day I was surfing the web and saw an ad for a
cable modem, which won't do me any good because I don't
have cable, but, the thought crossed my mind, If someone
hooked up a cable modem to a TV antenna, pointed it at
their neighbors house where they had the same setup...
Would you be able to get a network connection between
those two houses?

This might turn out to be an unnecessary expense for me
to try it, if it didn't work, so, I thought someone on
this group might already have the equipment to try it,
without incurring additional expense, or, you might
already know if it will work.

I thought it would be an interesting experiment.

What do you think?