Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Who puts nickels on their gun barrels?

On 1/10/2013 9:30 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:51:17 -0600,
wrote:

I put duct tape over the end of my caulking guns to keep the caulk from
drying up. It helps, biut only for a short time.
Nickles would not work. But a 3/8" lag bolt screwed into the tip works
ok too.

3/8"?! I use 16p nails or #8x2-1/2" (ish) screws, but 3/8"? The tube
will split!

Somewhere I have some plastic gizmos that were sold at the supply houses
that a long plastic nail like piece and an end that was threaded
to screw into the calk tube tip and seal it. When you were ready to use
the calk again, you twisted it out and any hardened calk came out with
the tail piece. ^_^

TDD